Monday, August 3, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

A couple of weeks ago my local grocery store had Rice Krispies on sale for super cheap, so I decided that it was the perfect opportunity to make the Rice Krispie treats that I had been craving. I love Rice Krispie treats, but I couldn't tell you the last time that I had actually made them, and the homemade ones are just so much better than the pre-made kinds. While rooting around in my baking cupboard, I found a bag of peanut butter and milk chocolate swirled chips that I had picked up on a super sale around the holidays. I hadn't yet found something to use them in yet, so I decided to kick up my treats and add them to the mix! And I am sure glad that I did, they added the perfect amount of peanut buttery goodness and chocolate to the sweet treats. I brought the pan into my office the next day and they were devoured immediately, and I got multiple requests for the recipe. It is almost embarrassing how easy these are, but they are the perfect no bake sweet treat for a hot summer's day!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

3 Tbsp. butter
20 oz. pkg. jumbo marshmallows
6 c. Rice Krispies
10 oz. pkg. Nestle Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Chips.

In a large pot, melt butter, once butter is melted, add marshmallows. Continue to stir over medium heat until they have all melted and become smooth. Stir in Rice Krispies and combine well. Stir chips into the mixture, and they will begin to melt.

Line 9 x 13 pan with foil, sprayed with cooking spray. Press mixture into pan, and let cool.

When cool, cut and serve!

1 comment:

  1. During the holidays you can buy these tiny candy cane sprinkles (basically crushed peppermint but cuter), make the treats as normal then just before they cool completely, press a handful of the candies on top and its delicious!

    ReplyDelete