Friday, May 1, 2009

Month of May Mexican Food Challenge

Hola Amigos!!! As most of you can tell from the name of my blog....I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!!! Last year, I decided that I was going to eat Mexican food everyday from May 1 - May 5 in honor of Cinco de Mayo, well, I got a bit carried away and just kept going! I made it all the way to May 24th without missing a day, I would have made it the whole month, but that is the day that I left on a vacation for New York, and while New York is known for many things, Mexican food is not one of them. So sadly, my mission came to an abrupt end. (Although, I did fulfill my original goal!)

Well, May has come around once again, and since I don't have any trips planned for this month, I am going to give it another whirl and challenge myself to eat Mexican food everyday for the month! You can follow my progress by clicking the link on the left of the page that says, Calendar. I will post my meals there to help keep me honest on this adventure, but don't worry, I will still be trying out new restaurants, most likely Mexican and sharing some recipes.

So here are the rules:

1) One meal per day must be of Mexican origin
2) Leftover food from a previous Mexican experience counts
3) Eating Mexican twice in one day does not cover a missed day (but is very yummy!)
4) Just having a churro at Costco doesn't count
5) Just because it is in a tortilla doesn't mean it is Mexican!

So to my friends out there, if you ask me to dinner or lunch for the Month of May, be prepared to go out for Mexican food....otherwise I will reschedule with you for June!

No comments:

Post a Comment