Friday, May 15, 2009

Chocolate-Marshmallow Pillows

When I got home from work yesterday, I was fiddling around on-line looking at blogs and such. I happened to go to to the Betty Crocker website, and these yummy looking cookies popped up as the recipe of the day. I looked at the ingredient list, racked my memory banks, and realized I had all the ingredients on hand to make these...jackpot!!! Whitney was coming over for dinner and to watch the Grey's Anatomy finale, so I figured we needed something sweet to keep us going during the two hour show.

These were very quick to whip up, and were very, very chocolaty.....just the way I like my desserts!! I brought the rest of them into my office this morning....and they didn't last long....so this recipe is definitely a keeper!
Chocolate-Marshmallow Pillows
adapted from bettycrocker.com

Cookies
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker double chocolate chunk cookie mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1 egg
1 cup mini-marshmallows

Frosting
1cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup half and half
1teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Heat oven to 350°F.

In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water, and egg until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.

Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately press about 4 marshmallows, on top of cookie. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until marshmallows begin to soften. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in 1-quart nonstick saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add half and half, butter and vanilla; blend well. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Spread frosting over each cooled cookie, covering marshmallow. Let stand until frosting is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment