Monday, May 25, 2009

Mexican Dip

I had a few friends over for a barbecue yesterday, and this dip was the one everyone was talking about, so I figured that I would post it here in case anyone loses the copy that I gave them yesterday!! This recipe is from my Aunt Nancy, it is my cousin Jason's favorite dip, and at first bite...it became my favorite too!! One of the best things about it is how easy it is, and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. When I lived in the dorms in college, I used to make this because it was something that I could make without a kitchen and my dorm mates thought it was fancy!

I don't have a picture for this, because honestly, it would not photgraph well....it looks like a giant messy blob.....but it is a yummy blob!

I usually serve with tortilla chips, but it is also really good with red bell pepper strips, celery, carrots or even Fritos....enjoy!

Mexican Dip
From Aunt Nancy
16 oz. sour cream (I use light)
1 pkg. Hidden Vally Ranch Fiesta Dip Mix
1 can (4 oz.) chopped black olives
1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
1 c. (or more to taste) grated cheddar cheese (sometimes I use Mexican blend)
Combine all ingredients and chill for at least an hour before serving!
Yes....it really is that simple!!
Tomorrow I will post on the brownies that I made for the party.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed to see you are still going strong with the challenge! Only a week left.

    ReplyDelete