Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chili Cheese Dip

I may have mentioned this before, but I am a dip addict! Cold dips, hot dips, it doesn't matter, there is just something about dip that always makes me smile. I once told my friend Panda that I was going to open a restaurant and only serve dip...she loved the idea and we came up with the name Dunkz. I haven't copyrighted this yet, so be nice and don't steal it please! :)

Most people would consider dip to be the beginning of a meal, but not me, I love making a whole meal just out of a nice dip! One of the best things about dips is that they are usually really simple to put together, and you can let your mind run wild with the ingredients! This had been a really busy week for me, and I had not been home yet a night this week, I was looking forward to getting in some much needed couch time, but my stomach reminded me that I needed to have some dinner. I had some Thai leftovers in the fridge, but I just wasn't in the mood, so I decided to throw together this simple dip that I have made many times in the past. I usually make it with Turkey Chili, but I only had regular, it could even be made with veggie chili....see what I mean? The possibilities are endless!

Dip....it's whats for dinner!



Chili Cheese Dip
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese (I usually use light)
1 (15 oz.) can chili (Most people don't use the kind with beans, but I do!)
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded


Place cream cheese in a microwave safe pie plate or baking dish. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften the cream cheese; once it is softened, spread evenly over the bottom of the dish. Spread chili on top of the cream cheese and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until hot & bubbly. (For a quicker process, this can also be microwaved for about 2 - 3 minutes.)



Here is the side view of the layers before baking.....yummy!

Since it was just me, I ate it with Fritos Scoops, but you can always jazz it up and sprinkle with sliced black olives or green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment