Thursday, December 3, 2009

Microwave Acorn Squash

A couple of weeks ago when I was walking through the grocery store I spotted an acorn squash, at that point I realized that it had been at least 10 years since I had eaten one, so I decided that that was going to change! I plopped a good looking one in my cart and finished up the rest of my shopping.  Later that night I decided to cook it for dinner and rememberd an easy recipe that I had seen in a Simple and Delicious magazine; after a bit of searching, I found it and was able to whip this up in just 15 minutes.  I couldn't believe how easy this is by using the microwave, and the first bite brought back memories of when my mom used to make this when I was a kid, which is just what I needed on a Sunday night in November!


Microwave Acorn Squash
from Simple & Delicious Sept/Oct 2008

1 medium acorn squash
2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. honey
Dash of salt

Cut squash in half; discard seeds.  Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish.  Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.

Turn squash cut side up.  Divide the brown sugar, butter, honey and salt evenly in the centers of the squash.  Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.

1 comment:

  1. I have never cooked squash in the microwave. I will have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete