Thursday, December 24, 2009

Macaroon Christmas Tree

Merry Christams to All!  Hope everyone is ready for the big day tomorrow....it sure did seem to sneak up on me this year!  I have just a few minutes before I have to go get ready to go to Christmas Eve services, but I wanted to post this just before I left because it is just so cute!  A couple of weeks ago I had the Food Network on and was just sort of halfway watching it when I glanced over and saw Sandra Lee putting this tree together, I thought it was cute, but then didn't give it much more thought until my mom said she had some leftover White Chocolate that she didn't know what to do with....aha....light bulb went off in my head and I said that I would take it and make this tree!  I got the stuff that I needed (or thought that I needed, as I never even bothered to look up the recipe but just make it from memory) and started putting it together.  While I wouldn't call this the easiest thing to make, it is not hard, you just need a bit of patience trying to get the macaroons to stick to the cone before adding the next layer, but I would do a few layers and then let it sit before coming back to it.  I am taking it over to our family friend's for Christmas Eve dinner tonight.....and even if no one eats it....I still think it is too darn cute!



Macaroon Christmas Tree
adapted from Sandra Lee

Click this link for the original recipe.

For my changes, I didn't use any additional sugar, and instead of Red Hots I went with Peanut M&M's.

Also, I didn't refrigerate mine to harden, that probably would have sped things up.....but I still got it to work!


Time to get ready for church.....MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment