Friday, December 4, 2009

Confetti Dip

I had a lot of family coming into town for the Thanksgiving holiday, and per our tradition, we were going to have Mom's Special Lasagna for dinner at my parent's house together on Thanksgiving Eve.  My mom's "special" lasagna is actually just the classic Stouffer's lasagna, it's not homemade, but it is darn good and you just can't beat the ease of it.  Plus, she always figured that she was going to be doing so much cooking the next day that she deserved a break the night before!  Just before I was heading out to my mom's, I got word that some of our relatives had hit some traffic and were running late.  Well, I was HUNGRY, and I didn't figure that my mom would have any snacks to hold us over until dinner, so I rummaged around and threw together this dip based on some snack bites that I had once seen in a magazine.  When I got to my parent's, I popped it into the oven and soon we were munching on this delicious dip!  I basically just threw in some sliced black olives and pimentos and mixed it with some mayo and shredded cheese.  I wanted to add some onion, and I didn't have any green ones, so I threw in some dried, minced onion, not ideal, but it worked.  My aunt and my grandma loved this dip, in fact, they put the leftovers on turkey sandwiches and toast over the next few days...so I guess it is a keeper!


Confetti Dip

10 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
1/4 c. chopped pimentos
4 green onions, chopped (I had to substitute dried, minced onion)
1/2 c. mayo (I used light)
2 c. shredded cheese, flavor of choice, I used a colby blend
Triscuits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a pie plate with cooking spray.

Combine all ingredients except for the Triscuits; mix well.  Pour in pie plate, bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Serve with Triscuits.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you call it Mom's 'special' lasagna. When I saw that on Facebook I was thinking, geez Anne makes lasagna the night before Thanksgiving??? Too funny.

    ReplyDelete