Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Spicy Apricot Spread

Here is the final appetizer that I served at the BBQ (sweet treats coming soon!). I made this for one of the Cardinals playoff viewing parties that I had, and it was such a hit, I thought I would make it again. The bonus is it could not get any easier! I have always loved dishes that have elements of both sweet and heat, and this is definitely one of them! The best part about it is it can easily be adjusted for those that like their dishes a little bit milder. I like to make it with apricot jam, but feel free to switch it up based on your tastes!

Spicy Apricot Spread

8 oz. Apricot jam/jelly (or flavor of your choice)

4 oz. can chopped jalapenos (I usually use just half the can, but knock up the heat if you like!)

8 oz. cream cheese

Wheat Thins

Mix together jam and jalapenos to taste. Place brick of cream cheese on a serving platter; spread jam mixture over cream cheese. Serve with crackers.

1 comment:

  1. You should totally be the next food network star- do you watch that show? you would dominate :)

    ReplyDelete