Monday, June 22, 2009

Monterey Jack Salsa

As promised, here is another recipe from the BBQ. This was my favorite out of them all! I found this recipe on Recipezaar a few months ago, and altered it just a little bit. When I was putting it together, I was a bit skeptical of what the results would be, but it turned out fabulous! I think it helped that I mixed it up and let it refrigerate for about 3 hours before I served it; it gave it ample time for all the flavors to get to know each other! We ate this with tortilla chips, but I am sure it would be just as good with crackers or veggies. It may not look pretty in the bowl, but trust me, it is good!

Monterey Jack Salsa
adapted from Recipezaar

4 oz. can diced green chilies
4 oz. can chopped black olives
4 green onions, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 c. zesty Italian salad dressing

Mix all the ingredients together, and let let chill at least 2 hours before serving to "marry" the flavors! Serve with chips, veggies, crackers, etc.

1 comment: