Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Spicy Sausage Dip

Last Thursday the first game of the '09 NFL season, and I wanted to make something kinda snacky to eat for dinner while I watched the game. As you all should know by now, I have no problem eating some dip and calling it dinner, so no comments about having a balanced meal from the peanut gallery! Besides, there was tomatoes and green chilies in the dip, so I think they should account for both fruit and a dip! I had seen versions of this dip around the web, some heated it in the crock pot, some baked it, while others just made it on the stove top, and I went with the latter for the sheer reason that I was able to eat it much quicker! When you read the ingredients list, which there are only 3 of, you will think to yourself, "This can't possibly taste good," but after just one bite, those thoughts will completely disappear. The creaminess, cools the heat of the chilies and the sausage adds a nice hearty flavor....basically, this dip is a hungry man's dream! I took the leftovers to my dad, and he thought it was mighty tasty himself. I loved how easy it was, and that it can be kept warm in a crock pot if serving at a party.

So basically, it was an awesome Thursday, bringing together two things that I love...Football and Dip!

Spicy Sausage Dip

10 oz. bulk breakfast sausage (Or 16 oz. if you want it really meaty)
8 oz. cream cheese (I used light)
10 oz. can RoTel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained

Tortilla chips

Heat a large frying pan over medium heat; add the sausage and cook until no longer pink, crumbling it as you go. When sausage is cooked, drain the grease from the pan. Add cream cheese, in chunks to the pan, stirring to melt the cheese. Add RoTel and continue stirring until cheese is fully melted and everything is combined. Serve with chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment