Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chicken Quesadilla Dip

This past weekend was busy for me, Saturday was a blur between moving stuff at the sorority house and going to the Keith Urban concert, so by the time Sunday rolled around, I just didn't feel like doing much. I was able to drag myself out into the 115 degree weather to make a quick run to the grocery store, which allowed me to gather everything I needed to make this dip. I thought it would be the prefect snack to munch on while spending a lazy afternoon on the couch.

This was really quick to throw together, and can definitely be altered to whatever spiciness level you prefer based on how many jalapenos you use. The original name for the dip was Chicken Enchilada Dip, which I found to be a little funny because there is no enchilada sauce involved! After tasting it, I decided that it tasted like the yummy filling inside of a chicken quesadilla, so I decided to rename it. I made it as originally written, but I think for the future, I am going to make one change to give it more of a dip consistency....add more cream cheese! This is excellent with tortilla chips, but it would work just as well spread inside a tortilla for an easy quesadilla party!


Chicken Quesadilla Dip

2 (8 oz. each) pkgs. cream cheese, softened (Original calls for 1 pkg., but I think 2 is better)
½ cup of mayonnaise (I used reduced fat))
4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chile peppers
2 Tbsp. pickled jalapeno peppers, finely diced (I just chopped up some rings from a jar)
4 green onions, chopped
1 tsp. of Tony Chachere's (Green Can): Cajun Seasoning
1 tsp. of Garlic Powder
1 (10 oz.) can white meat chicken breast

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Thoroughly combine all ingredients in an oven safe casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment