Monday, April 6, 2009

Tottie's Asian Fusion

On Saturday night I had a hankering for some Asian food, I was trying to figure out what I was going to do about it when I got a call from my dad to meet him and my mom at J. Alexander's for dinner. While not the Asian food I was craving, it was a free dinner....so I abandoned the craving and had ribs instead. Sunday rolled around and after a lazy day I realized I still wanted some Asian food, more specifically Pad Thai. The only problem is, having a craving for Pad Thai on Sunday is like having a craving for Chic-Fil-A on Sunday.....you can't get it because all of the restaurants are closed!! Not willing to let the craving live on for another day, I had to figure out a solution. So I went to my "Restaurant's to Try" list to see if I could find a solution, and there it was, Tottie's Asian Fusion. My friend Meghan had just told me the other day that they had great Pad Thai, so I checked their website....and yes...they were open on Sunday....Pad Thai here I come!!


I called and placed my order for pick-up, the girl told me it would be about 20 minutes, so I scanned Facebook one more time and then was out the door. I had been in this shopping center many times before, mostly because that is where Sonic is, but I had never really noticed Tottie's. I was pleasantly surprised when I went inside, it was quite large and tastefully decorated....and it smelled....amazing!


When I got home I was ready to dig in and watch the ACM Awards (I am so glad Carrie Underwood won entertainer of the year!). I had ordered the Shrimp Puffs and the Chicken Pad Thai, medium heat. First came the shrimp puffs; most Asian restaurants serve crab puffs, so I was eager to try a different spin. Well, I think I prefer the crab puffs. It is not that these weren't good, it is just that a few of my puffs were missing a crucial ingredient....shrimp....so it was basically just cream cheese and won ton. Also, I wasn't such a fan of their design. Typically, crab puffs are served as little triangles, full of filling, but these they tried to make look a bit more fancy, making them harder to eat and resulting in less filling. They came with a side of sweet and sour sauce and some hot mustard, but I decided to skip the mustard because I was already getting the spice from the Pad Thai. These were decent, but I probably wouldn't order them again.



Now it was on to the main event, the Pad Thai, when I opened the box I couldn't believe the massive amount of food that it contained. I think the Pad Thai could easily serve a family of 4, and for just a mere $8.50! My first impression was I was surprised out how thin the noodles were, most Pad Thai dishes that I have had, have medium size flat noodles, these were very thin and not flat. But, as I started to eat, I realized that the noodles shape didn't matter....cause this was some good Pad Thai! I mixed in the shredded carrots, bean sprouts, crushed peanuts and cilantro and all the flavors blended together really well.....the medium had a bit more heat than I was expecting....but I think it is the heat that makes it so addicting! It is a good thing that I enjoyed it so much, because I think I am going to be eating the leftovers for the rest of the week!




So if a craving for some Thai hits you on Sunday (or really any other day, except Monday, because they are closed), check out Tottie's!!


Tottie's Asian Fusion
7901 E. Thomas Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
http://www.tottiesasianfusion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment