Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bloggaversary

So I just realized that I missed my one year bloggaversary.....I am a bit bummed about it....but in all honesty it didn't even cross my mind.  My anniversary is April 2, which was last Friday, and well, last Friday I spent the day celebrating the life of my Grandmother who passed away on March 30.  Grandma Ruth, my mom's mom, was 93 years young and fighter until the end.  She was not ill, but she had been slowly declining in health over the past few weeks, becoming very weak and bed bound in the end.  I was planning to go and visit her on my lunch break the day that she passed, but I got a phone call from my mom around 8:15 am saying that she might not make it until then.....10 minutes later, just as I was trying to scurry out of the house to go see her, I got the call that she was gone.  It was hard, I had many emotions, but ultimately I was happy to know that she was now in peace and no longer in any pain.

My grandmother was an intelligent and caring person, who overcame so much in her life and was very independent....she lived by herself and drove a car until she was 88!  One of her very favorite things was an Arby's Roast Beef sandwich and curly fries, my sister and I would sometimes pick it up and take it to her for lunch; she always had the biggest smile spread across her face at first bite.  I always will think of her everytime I go to Arby's.

After the ceremony for her Celebration of Life, we had people back to my parent's to celebrate and eat.  In her honor, my sister made chocolate covered strawberries, because she always loved chocolate (I think I inherited that trait from her) and we had sandwiches and fruit.  It was a lovely day, and we had so many dear friends and family there to support us, including my other grandmother who came in from California for the occasion.

So while I didn't get to make something special for my Bloggaversary......I was able to spend the day celebrating someone special in my life....someone who made the best pie and whose eyes got wide when a hot fudge sundae was set in front of her.

I Will Miss You Grandma!

I Love You!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Jenn. I love that you guys had a Celebration of her life. :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete