Thursday, April 15, 2010

Meatballs in Peanut Chile Sauce

Wow, I am really behind on my blogging, but I am going to try hard to catch up!  I made these delicious meatballs a couple of Sundays ago (well, at this point it was probably like four Sundays ago, yikes!) when I was hanging around the house.  I happened to have all the ingredients on hand due to a sale at Fry's plus a coupon where I got a one pound bag of meatballs for just $1.00!  This was really simple to throw together, and it only takes about 3 to 4 hours to cook, perfect if you get a late start like I did that day!  This had all the flavors of a yummy Thai dish, and it was even better served over some basmati rice!  I think these would also be a fun appetizer to bring to a party and eat with toothpicks, since they aren't your standard meatball swimming in barbecue sauce!


Meatballs in Peanut Chile Sauce


1 (1 lb.) bag frozen meatballs
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup canned coconunt milk (I used light)
1 tablespoon red curry paste
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons white granulated sugar

Put meatballs into slow cooker (frozen is fine). Add peanut butter and coconut milk. Drop in a gollop of red chile paste, then add fish sauce and sugar. Stir as well as you can to combine.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours, high for 2-4, or until peanut butter mixture is fully melted and the meatballs are heated throughout.

Serve as a hot appetizer, or over long grained basmati rice as a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment