Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quick Restaurant Style Salsa

As a born and raised Arizona girl, I grew up eating chips and salsa; actually, a lot of chips and salsa!  There is just something so refreshing about salsa on a hot day, it is the perfect snack, and if you don't overdo it on the chips it is quite healthy too!  I have never made my own tomato based salsa before so when I saw this recipe pop up and I read how easy it was to make, I figured that the time had come!  This really does taste like the salsa you get in a lot of restaurants, and since it starts with canned tomatoes, it couldn't be easier, or cheaper!  I whipped this up in my food processor in less than 2 minutes....seriously!  The flavor gets better after it is refrigerated for awhile, so I would suggest making it a bit ahead of when you want to eat it, but if you just can't resist....it will still be tasty!

Quick Restaurant Style Salsa
adapted from Taste Buds

2 (15 oz. each) cans Mexican-Style stewed tomatoes
1(4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
1/2 bunch cilantro, rinsed
1 bunch green onions (stems and bulbs), rinsed
1 tsp garlic salt or powder (I used powder)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp vinegar
Using a food processor (or blender), blend tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, Worcestershire, and vinegar. Add onions and chilies. Stir and serve with chips.

See....I told you it was easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment