Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mint Chocolate Chippers

I didn't get a chance to do any baking around the holidays, but the other night I got to thinking about some special edition Dark Chocolate & Mint chocolate chips that I had bought in anticipation of Christmas season, and how the poor bag was still just sitting in my cupboard.  Not wanting for it to go to waste, I logged on to my Google Reader and found a recipe for "Intimint Chocolate Chip Cookies" that was posted on Picky Palate that used these special chips....perfect!

I whipped these up in no time and boy were they good!  A soft, chewy cookie loaded with dark chocolate, white chocolate and mint chips; a fun twist on a classic.  I was also excited to try out my new non-stick baking mats when making these, they worked just great, and then cleaned up in a snap!  This recipe made about 4 dozen cookies, and knowing that I definitely didn't need that many around my house, I brought over half of them into work with me the next day.  I have a small office, and they didn't last past lunch; everyone loved them!  Unfortunately, it seems that I will have to wait until next year to make these again, as they don't seem to be in the stores anymore, but fingers crossed that they bring them back next holiday season!


Mint Chocolate Chippers
adapted from Picky Palate

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp. real vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 bag Nestles Limited Edition Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels
1 c. white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients along with the chips. Mix until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden on outside edges. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment