Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jalapeno Popper Dip

With my beloved Arizona Cardinals in the playoffs, I decided to have a few friends over to watch the game.  Well, a game viewing party is not complete without food to snack on, so I decided to cook up a spread.  It was a mix of tried and true favorites and some new recipes, and I am glad to say, that I have now have some new dishes to add to my tried and true collection!

This Jalapeno Popper Dip that I found over on Big Red Kitchen is delicious!  It has just the right amount of heat, and actually could have more, but even my spicy food avoiding sister liked this, so I would say that it is just perfect!  We ate it with both tortilla chips and Ritz crackers and both were delicious!



Jalapeno Popper Dip
adapted from Big Red Kitchen

2 (8 oz. each) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
1 (4 oz) can chopped jalapenos

1 c. panko bread crumbs
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 c, butter, melted

Blend together the first 6 ingredients and process until smooth. You do not need to drain either can of peppers. Spread the dip into a greased 2 quart casserole. In a bowl mix bread crumbs and the other 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Pour melted butter over top crumb mixture and mix well. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the dip and bake in a 375° oven for about 20 minutes. You want the top to get browned and the dip to be heated through and bubble gently on the edges. Serve with Tortilla Chips and/or Ritz crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment