Monday, January 18, 2010

Football & Dishes

I am a huge football fan; college football and NFL, I watch it all.  And I usually start to get pretty sad around the time the season ends, which as of today, is only 3 weeks away :(  It is a long time between the Super Bowl in early February until pre-season starts in August.  But during the season, I live for the weekends!  I tailgate with my friends at all the ASU home games, travel to a few away games (going to Wisconsin this year!) and organize my Sundays around what time the Cardinals will be playing.  Three years ago, some people at my office were organizing a Fantasy Football League and asked if I wanted to join, I had never played before but figured I would give it a shot....well get this...I won the league!  From that point on I was hooked, last year I took second place and this year I took first place again!  Who says a girl doesn't know anything about football?!?!

Each year along with the title, I have earned a nice cash prize, and well, even though it is nice to have some spare cash, I like to treat myself to something just for me.  This year I decided that I would get myself some new dishes.  The dishes that I had were the ones when I first moved out on my own after college; I moved into my house with a bed, a tv and an old recliner....I had nothing.  I also was still working as an intern at the time and made very little money, so I needed the essentials, but on the cheap.  I bought an 8 piece set of dishes, with dinner plates, salad plates, bowls and mugs for $15!  Now don't get me wrong, they have been good dishes, but I had been wanting to upgrade, so this was my opportunity!

I found a great deal on these dishes at Macy's....when I saw them on-line I knew they were the ones that I had to have.  Plus, they were on sale, and with all my coupons, I didn't even spend all my winnings, so now I do have a little spare cash!  I did end up having to go to three different Macy's in order to get all the pieces that I wanted....but it was worth it!



Here is my new dinner plate (white with black rim), salad plate (floral print) and bowl (white with black rim).  Oh yeah, and that is my little kitchen helper!



I also got some cute serving dishes in the floral print to go with the new set. 
(I actually got 6 of the little dishes, prefect for sauces, etc.)



While I was at Macy's getting my dishes, I spied this cute cupcake tower that was on sale; I just couldn't resist!  Looks like I need to make some cupcakes soon!

2 comments:

  1. Don't mess with Doughhead and fantasy football!

    LOVE the dishes- glad you found them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! I love that you're getting serving pieces too - I'm just now starting to build my collection of those. The black and white is nice and classic too.

    ReplyDelete