Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tater Puffs

I love a nice hearty breakfast in the morning, but if I am being honest, it is pretty rare in my life. Mornings before work usually consist of me getting up way too late, scrambling to get dressed and then grabbing some crackers or yogurt while I head out the door, that are ultimately eaten at my desk at work. You see, while I love a nice hearty breakfast, I love sleep more! A few weeks ago, I decided that I should make something that I could easily grab and go off to work with. I didn't want to make muffins, because while I do love a good muffin, I really need to have some protein in the morning. I had stumbled upon a recipe for these Tater Puffs on the Family, Friends & Food blog and thought they would make a quick and easy breakfast.

I modified them using what I had on hand (sausage instead of ham), but really, the options with these are endless. They were quick to throw together, and I was so proud of myself for having pre-made my breakfast for the week! I would suggest maybe adding an additional egg or some extra cheese, but other than that they were quite good, most mornings I even enjoyed them cold right out of the refrigerator!


Tater Puffs

1 (20 oz.) pkg. refrigerated hash browns
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. yellow onion, grated or finely diced
10 oz. pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease mini-muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until combined. Spoon a rounded tablespoon into each muffin cup, and slightly pack down.

Bake until golden brown, about 25 - 30 minutes.

(This makes about 32, so you can either do a second batch, or just put remaining mixture in a larger muffin pan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment