Monday, October 26, 2009

Individual Pumpkin Cheesecakes

This past Sunday night I had volunteered to make dinner at my parent's house for a Family dinner while we watched the Cardinals on Sunday Night Football (for those of you that missed it, the game was awesome, we beat the NY Giants!). After I finally decided what I was going to make, I was still looking at recipes online when I came across these little gems. I LOVE cheesecake as some of you may know, and I remember having a pumpkin cheesecake that my aunt made at a Thanksgiving probably 15 years ago, but I haven't had any since. I felt that it was fate that I try these out because for the bottom crust you were supposed to use a gingersnap cookie, and I just happened to have half of a box leftover from when I made the Pumpkin Pie Dip for the tailgate a few weeks back....jackpot! These were really easy to throw together, my mom and my sister both loved them, especially since they are just the perfect little serving size. These could definitely be jazzed up with some whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon, but they are tasty just how they are!

Individual Pumpkin Cheesecakes
adapted from Put A Lyd On It
18 paper baking cups
18 gingersnap cookies
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie spice
2 eggs
1 c. mashed pumpkin (From a can, 100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix)
1/3 c. light corn syrup

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Place baking cups in muffin pans; press a gingersnap into the bottom of each cup. Beat cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and blend to combine. Add pumpkin and corn syrup to the mixture; beat for 1 minute. Divide filling evenly into the prepared baking cups. Bake for 30-35 minutes until just set. Let cool briefly
, remove from muffin tins and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. OH they are soooo cute :) man you blog a lot...i am not very good at blogging :(

    ReplyDelete