Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake

My friend had invited me over to watch the Superbowl, I was looking forward to it, but have to say it felt a little odd not to be hosting the party myself.  I love to plan parties and menus and have people over, but I was a teeny bit relieved to have the day off.  But when I got a frantic text from my friend asking if anyone could bring a dessert, I switched back into party mode and decided to bake a cake!  I got this really cool bundt cake pan last year for Christmas, it is in the shape of a football stadium!!  What better day to bust it out again than for the Superbowl?  It looks even snazzier when I put it on my football field platter and stick little end zone toothpicks in it....I know the powdered sugar makes it a bit difficult to see in the picture...but trust me....the people at the party just couldn't stop talking about how cute it was!  Well, they did eventually stop talking about how cute it was when they started talking about how good it was!  This is a classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter, nothing fancy, but always a crowd pleaser. 

My pan is being forced into retirement for the next 6 months until the football season starts again in August.....it sure is going to be a long 6 months!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake

1 (18.25 oz.) package devil’s food cake mix
1 (3.8 oz.) package chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. water
4 large eggs
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
1 (10 oz.) pkg. peanut butter chips
Garnish: confectioners’ (powdered) sugar

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-cup fluted pan.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, and sugar. Add oil, water, and eggs; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sour cream and chocolate/peanut butter chips. Spoon into prepared pan.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.

Sift confectioners’ sugar over top of cake.

1 comment: